2023-07-07

Watch King Crimson Play Every Note That Has Ever Existed and then Invent Some New Ones.


Fripp sez, "Alan Holdsworth, Alan Schmoldsworth. I'll show you how to play a million notes a second without hammering or tapping."

Don't be fooled by the impassive demeanor. I saw Fripp do a Frippertronics show at the Winter Garden in the World Financial Center back in the day. He reduced thousands of stock brokers to tears. Very odd duck.


"FraKctured" is a sequel to "Fracture" from the John Wetton lineup. It took that chap 22 years to learn the latter. It will probably take him 44 years to learn the former.

I used to listen to this stuff when I was working on a particularly-complex vector rendering that needed maximum left-brain input. I recommend the practice.

2 comments:

  1. I've been fascinated with these tracks for 20 years now. The alternate-picking/cross-picking is the most incredibly difficult thing I can imagine one can do with a guitar (other than make a living).
    Covers seem to be popping up a lot more in recent years. This one (just of the "terror" part) always stood out to me:
    https://youtu.be/peBzQH_nT_Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotta be one of the hardest pieces for guitar ever composed.

      Delete

Tell me your secret history.